Status report – 2-20-12

So, it’s not that I haven’t been doing RPG stuff lately. I just haven’t been posting.

I’ve been working on some behind-the-scenes stuff for campaigning, updating my own characters for gaming and making some Hirst blocks for creating terrain.

My next terrain element looks like its going to be a cavern prototype. I’ve been steadily casting cavern walls, stalagmites, ground tiles and paraphernalia. I’ve got one of my plastic bins full of hydrostone elements and have been designing the topography of the terrain.

I’ll post some pics as I get the foam core pieces cut and glued together. The plan is to have the terrain not just be horizontally oriented, but to have lower and higher areas, including underground pools of water. The prototype will be a single cavern element, basically a simple cave. The intention is to have a couple of ways in or out of the cave, at least one using stairs, and the other perhaps just being a rough tunnel.

I did a dry fit of the pieces on Friday but didn’t glue them down because I hadn’t worked out the topography. That’s my goal for tonight, which will mean stacking a bunch of foam core poster board or even using thicker styrene sheets to build up the inclines.

When it’s done it should be a pretty nice one-shot encounter opportunity that would slide into many campaigns as a bandit hide-out or monster lair.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s